All of Reid’s books support the following doctrinal positions:
- He believes God is holy, loving, wise, eternal, and triune (a trinity) by nature, as represented by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- He believes Jesus Christ is the second person of the trinity as God’s only Son by nature, who came to earth through the virgin birth of Mary as fully God and fully man, to live, die, and be resurrected from the dead on the third day according to the Scriptures.
- He believes the Holy Spirit is the third person of the trinity and God by nature, who works in the world to testify that Jesus Christ is God incarnate. He anoints, indwells, empowers, seals, and teaches the believer concerning the Scriptures while convicting the world of sin.
- He believes in the holy inspiration of the original Scriptures.
- He believes humankind was created by God in His image, male and female, perfect and complete, then through the transgressions of one individual called Adam, sin entered the world, thus sin and death were passed on to all of humanity, bringing separation from God.
- He believes that the salvation of humanity comes by the grace of God, plus nothing and minus nothing. The conditions of salvation are repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- He believes in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- He believe in the biblical precepts governing the institution of marriage.
Scriptures Supporting Claims: Gen. 1:1; John 1:1-3, 14; Lev. 19:2; Ps. 106:1; Deut. 33:27; Eph. 5:1; 1 John 4:1-21, 5:1-21; Rom. 3:9-19; John 15:26,27, 16:1-15; Mark 10:18; Luke 18:19; Matt. 25:31-46; Rev. 20:11-15; Luke 1:67-79; John 3:1-21; Gal. 1:3-5; Eph. 2:8,9; Titus 3:5-7; Rom. 5:8-15; James 4:5,6; 2 Tim. 3:16,17; 1 Tim. 4:13; John 8:31-47; Acts 20:20,21; Luke 1:31-33; Gen. 2:18-24; 1 Peter 1:15-16. (NASB)